I find some of these principles could be used by all of us in Astronomy (from Google but they could be from Amazon, Microsoft or any other major software company):
1. Focus on people – their lives, their work, their dreams.
2. Every millisecond counts.
3. Simplicity is powerful.
4. Engage beginners and attract experts.
5. Dare to innovate.
6. Design for the world.
7. Plan for today's and tomorrow's business.
8. Delight the eye without distracting the mind.
9. Be worthy of people's trust.
10. Add a human touch.
and some other "facts others have found" we could all pay attention to:
1. Focus on the user and all else will follow.
2. It's best to do one thing really, really well.
3. Fast is better than slow.
4. Democracy on the web works.
5. You don't need to be at your desk to need an answer.
6. You can make money without doing evil.
not 100% sure about this one, but....
7. There's always more information out there.
8. The need for information crosses all borders.
9. You can be serious without a suit.
well maybe this does not apply to me and my ties...
10. Great just isn't good enough.